Tuesday, January 29, 2008

No more George - Thank God!

George Bush gave his last State of the Union address last night. I didn't watch because the man annoys me, but I must say that simply knowing it was his last address of that nature to this country as our Commander in Chief has made this a very, very good day.

By the way, for those of you die-hard Republicans who think you need to lambast me for the above paragraph, please know I am not a Democrat. I am also not a Republican. I am a free-thinking American who has been unimpressed (and yes, embarrased) with and by "W" since the day he was elected governor of Texas. The fact that he stole the office of president with a little "hanging chad" B.S. in his brother's state made my respect for the system wane. When no one bothered to campaign in Texas the last time around because the state was going for George that really pissed me off.

I'm just really, really happy that we have less than a year of that bozo left. I just hope he stays on the ranch and doesn't screw up anything else.

By the way, if you want to see who he's really working for, check out the photos you'll find on Google or Yahoo of his month. When you see him wining and dining with the Sultans in Saudi, note the happy looks on his face as compared to when he's doing his real job back here in the U.S. Filled up your tank lately? Blame George. He and his buddies are richer than ever. The rest of us are not.

And if today his "Save the economy" package passes, remember that the check you get from the government will need to be claimed on your taxes next year. There are no winners with this jerk. Except for the American people when he finally gets on that helicopter for the last time and rides off in the sunset.

Good riddance.

No comments: