Tuesday, August 4, 2009



It's hard to believe it's almost hockey season again. Probably because hockey never stops at my house. We're in the middle of summer league -- 4 on 4, no checking, no icing, no offsides, no clock stops...it's an interesting chance for the kids to play the game a little differently and maybe learn some new skills. I've enjoyed watching this version of hockey. Since my son's a big kid, taking the "check" out of the game is challenging for him. It's been fun to watch.

But "real" hockey season kicks off in earnest later this month. Fees must be paid, those early morning practices begin, and in my son's case, he enters his senior year and his last year of high school hockey. As for me, I'm going to use this inspiration to try to get a little new business. This ad may begin running in Ice Times this month (on a space available basis). I proofread the columns each month pro bono, and this week the publisher offered me an ad. (The HP logo indicates to other hockey parents that I'm a hockey parent. It's the magazine's way of taking care of its own.)

I'll report here if this leads to new business. The rinks themselves could sure use the help!

No comments: