Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Meaning of Life, Part Two

I've decided this week that I have no problems.

What I have are mere obstacles. I know a couple people who truly have problems. Multiple obstacles that have joined together as a larger "problem." A lot of it comes down to health. Physical and mental health.

If all you have are obstacles, you can pray for the focus to use the talents that you have inside you to overcome them. It's amazing what we achieve when we do that. Since problems are just bunches of obstacles, with a lot of prayer and focus, we can usually overcome those too. Or I'd like to think that.

So many people don't know what to do when they face obstacles. (And remember, that's the easy part.) If they do nothing, repeatedly, obstacles in their lives join together and become problems. It's not behavior that can't be changed, but it's behavior that does change people into believing that they really cannot control what happens to them.

When you have problems you have so many choices about how to deal or not deal with them. But when it's the first time we've dealt with an issue, and we don't know what to do, and we try to handle it ourselves, and we don't ask others for help, sometimes we choose the wrong thing.

I don't think we have to make it all so hard. I find that prayer works for me. Some might call it meditation, chi kung, hypnosis. I get mine from prayer. Because we're only human.

"We're only human? What does that mean? "
"I thought the human was at the top of the food chain brain-wise."
"We're sort of in charge here. Aren't we? "

Think about that while you drink your morning coffee.

Something new, and probably rare:
Morning prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for this beautiful day. In Texas the sun is shining the trees are blowing, the mowers are mowing. [Down here someone would say at this point cry out, "Hallelulah!" another would shout "Amen!"]

"Dear God, Jesus taught us to worship you and to believe. Too often we don't take the time for that. But if we just did it, and used the time to thank you for what we have, to focus on what we need, and ask for direction, our lives and the lives of those around us would be forever improved. "

Jesus walked around the world telling people to follow. Follow what? Follow him? Yes, and no.

He wanted us to follow God's plan. He wanted us to know how much God appreciates our praise, our thanks, our time. So today fit in a talk with God. Thank him for your blessings. Ask for his favors in helping you focus on the things that really need to get done.

I believe God wants me to share my "bounties" with others, and that sounds great, but I have to achieve those bounties to share them. That's my job today.

What's yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie!
A 'meaning of life' Google Search served up your wonderful post; and since I believe in 'connecting the dots' of my life, I just had to take the time to say thank you!

Although I agree with most everything you wrote...no make that everything (based on my own interpretations)...your last question to the reader is great! What is my job today?

Thankfully, I've known my (new) job for the last six years as I traveled the world interviewing everyday folks on the meaning of life. My job is to share with the world the story of that amazing Spirit-led journey...(and to keep bugging folks to answer the 'meaning of life' question :-)

I, too, "share my bounties". So I 'd like to offer you (and all who read this) a free gift copy of my book (link below). No strings attached...Really! Simply my way of giving back.

Again, thank you for reminding me of what is my job today!

take care,
Louise Lewis, Author
No Experts Needed: The Meaning of Life According to You!

Get Your Free Copy: www.noexpertsneeded.com

Connie Jean Holubar said...

Louise, Thank you for your lovely post. It's a bit daunting to think that if someone Googles "the meaning of life" something I wrote comes up. Thanks for the offer of the free book, I'm taking you up on it! Look for the book review, coming soon!